Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's only been a few days and we've already reached milestones!

Yesterday was Jude's first appointment with the pediatrician. He slept the whole time, except for when she was man-handling him, weighing him, and drawing his blood to test for jaundice. He also slept the whole night before, which was nice even though I instinctively woke up every 3 hours to check on him. He also slept while we were at the secretary of state before his appointment to renew my license, in a few short weeks I'll have my grown ups license!
Today, his cord stumpy fell off! I picked him up out of his bouncy chair to lay him down because he fell asleep and when I laid him down it just went pop right off into my hands. Since it fell off I started him on the cloth diapers (it was easier to avoid the cord with newborn 'sposies, plus we were in the hospital for so long and I had tons of free ones). He met his daddy for the first time today too. He was either cranky or sleeping the whole time and I ended up retreating to my room to nurse him the last 45 minutes he was here. I kind of felt bad, but at the same time was glad to get away because it was awkward. I hope for Jude's sake the awkwardness between us will disappear. I know it won't happen anytime soon, but hopefully it will fizzle out.
I was having troubles nursing yesterday, but I solved them today. He wasn't latching on the left side, but I figured out that it was because it was flowing faster than the right. I woke up today and my left boob was 3 times bigger than the right one and hurt and was rock hard so I decided to try pumping to fix the flow and relieve all that pain. My mum told me not to get discouraged if I pumped for 20 minutes and only got half an ounce. I came out 5 minutes later with 2 ounces. I tried to nurse him on that side again and he still wouldn't take so after I finished nursing I pumped it again and got another 2 ounces, but it took longer and was flowing slower than before. Next time I nursed him he latched onto it perfectly (yay!).. Boob: 0, Kayleigh: 1.
Yesterday was a stressful day because I got dumped (via myspace), the boob issue, and I got frustrated with Chris because he's been saying for the past few days that he was going to come visit but then at the last minute decided against it for whatever reason. My mum watched Jude last night through his fussiness so I could get some sleep, that was much needed and appreciated.
I'll upload some more pictures later, my camera cord is MIA and I need a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear that you're getting the hang if it! Yeah, I had the same issue with the fast letdown.... it will regulate after a few weeks. Adam would literally choke from getting squirted too fast!

    Sorry about the stress. Is getting dumped via myspace the modern equivalent to being dumped on a sticky (sex in the city, not sure if you watched that show)? What a jerk.

    ReplyDelete