Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My last doctor's appointment.

It was last week. I've been failing at updating, sorry, I've been busy trying not to stress out and get everything done before Jude gets here. I've been nesting like a crazy woman for the past week or two, and no matter what I always find more that needs to be done, it feels never ending.
Anyway, on to the point. Last weeks doctor appointment. I'm going to Tarantino this a bit, just a warning. Will went with me. I wasn't dilated yet, but Jude is head down and pretty much locked & loaded ready to go. Everything's measuring peachy like always. I did get my results from the group b strep test though. I'm one of the 20% that has it and get to be hooked up to an IV of antibiotics when I'm in labor. woohoo. :|
I mentioned that he had been moving a bit less/slower the day or two before that which I had associated to me being more active from shopping and cleaning like crazy and/or him running out of room. My doctor seemed concerned and had me go to the hospital for a non-stress test. So my anxiety kicked in a little on the way to the hospital, which is out near my grandma's house about 30-45 minutes away from home (quite a drive), and I was glad to have Will with me to keep me from having a full-blown panic attack about it.
We get to the hospital. They check me in and hook me up to the monitors immediately and then they take my vitals. My pulse was outrageously high and they kept checking and re-checking it. It was up in the 140-150's on average. They were puzzled by it. I was trying to stay calm. They said I could be dehydrated, and I told them that's impossible because I drank like 3-4 bottles of water before I went there and I drink like 10 a day. So they got me a giant cup of ice water & kept checking my pulse intermittenly. One nurse said she got a normal reading, another said she got a high reading. I was eventually let go. They told me to bring it to my doctor's attention at my next appointment, which is tomorrow. I've been randomly checking my pulse for the past week just to see if it's still high or not, and it's been up in the 130-140 area sometimes. It's strange, I've never had any problems like this, and my blood pressure is always textbook perfect. I'm hoping it's not too big of a deal and that it won't cause any harm to Jude or cause me to be induced super-early. His heartbeat is good and was good when I was being monitored at the hosptial.
I also had a few small contractions when I was hooked up to the monitor at the hospital, no major ones though, but you could see them on the monitor.

Then I came home. . .
I had called my dad to tell him I was going when I left my doctor's and he asked if he should call my mum or grandma or meet me at the hospital or anything and I told him not to bother because it was just a little test, nothing serious and that Will was with me. He got all pissy at me on the phone about how he shouldn't have been with me and crap and that made my anxiety about the whole thing a bit worse. I called my mum when I left the hospital, and she was overly concerned and "why didn't you call me, I would've left work to take care of you" and I told her it wasn't a big deal and that I didn't need taking care of. Then I was driving home and got a text from my dad after I got off the phone with my mum asking "what's going on?" and I got all snappy and then realized he had sent it 2 hours prior. Then, as he usually does, he sent me a text when I was literally 2 miles away from home asking if I was coming home and I got snappy again because I had just told my mother I was on my way home when I talked to her and it's not like it's a short drive from the hospital.
I get home. I tell my mum what had happened at my appointment and the hospital and my dad only half-listened so I had to re-cap it all for him right after explaining all of it. The worst part that made me angry at first was when I told them about the GBS stuff because they both asked "Who'd you get that from?" I had to explain twice in the span of 5 minutes that it's not an STD and that it was just a bacterial infection a certain amount of people have. After I re-explained it to my father he asked again who I got it from and I got angry.
Then he started badgering me about my relationship with Will because he doesn't approve and he was being an ass about it even though I had just had a stressful day and was worried already about everything else. I got angry and slammed my laptop shut and threw it down and tried to leave, but my mum wouldn't let me. Then she verbally bitch slapped him for being out of line while I cried in my room. Her and I went to Target after that because I had a gift card from my shower and needed a few random baby things. We got home and my dad was still sulky and asshole-like so I grabbed my computer and sat at the table instead of the couch because that's where he was and my mum sat out in the backyard. He went out there and started throwing a tantrum to my mum about Will & I and she told him straight up that he was behaving innapropriately and throwing a temper tantrum and he claimed he wasn't. Then he came inside and started asking me the same questions he had asked me 50 times before and that I had answered already and I told him I didn't feel the need to answer because I had answered 50 times before and because he was throwing a tantrum.
He continued acting like a child and continued being pissy and started making sarcastic asshole comments. I was getting frustrated with him and I was getting angry and he called me out on it after I called him out on his tantrum throwing but I explained to him why I was angry and he was still being pissy and in my face about it. Then him and my mum left to get my sister, which gave me some time to cool down, but not really.

What bothers me the most is the fact that he did that after I had a shitty day and knew it and knew I was already stressed out. I was talking to Zak about it on Thursday or Friday and we both came to the conclusion that it's amazing that I haven't miscarried because of all the stress I've been under during this pregnancy.
Only 23 more days until my due date. It's mind-boggling that I've made it this far.
I get another ultrasound tomorrow. I'll try not to fail at updating with that. I'm already upset about tomorrow, but I'll post about it after tomorrow, I've been rambling/ranting too long already.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're dealing with that, Kayleigh. I know it's hard to do, but try to keep things short with your dad when he acts like that. Right now you need to keep your blood pressure and stress down, as you can actually go into premature labor and/or have fetal stress from the bp. When he acts like that or you feel stressed for whatever reason, go for a walk. Call a friend and bitch about it. The walking will do you good and it gets you out of the situation.

    Not defending your dad, but I'm sure he's freaked out that his little girl is becoming a mom and can't deal with it in appropriate ways. Brush him aside and focus on you and Jude. In 23 days (give or take), that's all that will matter in the world, so might as well practice now.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete