Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer!

So it's Father's Day. I thought it was last week so I already gave my dad his gift. It was a magnet picture frame with a picture of Jude in it and I painted a speech bubble that says "I love my Poppers!" onto the frame with the hand dandy paint pen I bought at Christmas time to make my mum's family tree ornament. I should change my name to Martha or Suzy, seriously. My Martha Stewart/Suzy-homemaker skillz have been insane lately. It especially shows when I host get-togethers with my friends. They keep telling me to relax and let them get their own beer refills, but I can't and I almost always beat them to it. My dad got me a Father's Day gift. He got me Zane Lamprey's Three Sheets book, so I can gain more useless alcohol knowledge I reckon haha. If you've never had the pleasure of watching this show, I highly suggest you do. They usually play re-runs on FLN all the time. A blurb about it on the website: "Embark on this international drinking tour with comedian Zane Lamprey who takes you around the world to master the local drinking customs." It helps that Zane is a total cutie, but that's aside from the point. Tonight after Jude goes to bed I'm going out to the bar to sing karaoke with Dan, Nicole, Jon, and a few other people apparently. I'm excited. I promise I'm not an alcoholic.

Tomorrow's the Summer Solstice. i wish I could have a bonfire to celebrate, but alas, my parents work and don't want people over late when they work. I tried to have one Friday, but it stormed literally when I was about to go outside to get it started. It was still a good night, we played Twister and just the trivia disc part Scene It! I was awful at Twister, but Jon kept getting in my way and knocking me over. At least I kicked ass in Scene It!, they accused me of cheating because it's my game, but I didn't, I just have that much useless movie knowledge. I love Summer. I feel so much happier. I can blog on the back patio in boxers and a tank-top with a face mask on while swell, upbeat tunes eminate from the speakers imitating rocks, right now it's my Summer playlist that's always being adjusted to suit my ear's tastes. I can paint my toe nails and drink iced coffee, I'm on my 2nd one, I make the best, better than Sturbucks. It's the time for wheat beers, served chilled with an orange slice, so delicious. And picnics and garage sales! There's nothing bad about summer, except for my tendency to fry in the sun. I also feel more confident in the summer. Jude is chilling out here with my sister and I, in plaid shorts and nothing else.

He's healing really well, almost all the swelling has gone down and he looks less caveman-like everyday. I haven't uploaded pictures in days and my webcam doesn't want to work so you'll have to see later. He's also getting really good at sleeping on his own. He'll go down around 9:30 after nursing, cry a little bit (like 3 minutes tops), then just fall asleep. He wakes up once, at a quarter to 3 usually, to nurse and then goes back down the same way and wakes up at 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment