Thursday, January 20, 2011

Working = Money = Shopping

Now that I'm working and bringing in the dough, I have many, many more shopping opportunities. It's not quite out of control yet, but my shopping has definitely increased. There were the earrings & baby shower gift I got last week. Then there was the couple of extra things from Amazon when I ordered books for school. No big deal, right?
Then I got a new carseat, some new cups, and some painting things for Jude. Things he needs, y'know?
Yesterday after I got off work, my grandma told me she'd keep Jude a while longer and that I should go to the mall and go shopping. I need a new pair of shoes, but I hate shoe shopping, especially when I'm alone. Instead, I just spent $30ish at Lush. I needed soap, got some bath bombs to try, and know that their ocean salt face scrub is magic for your face, so that was a totally necessary purchase, they always give me samples of things to try when I go in there, so an even bigger bonus.
Then, this morning, I went onto Zulily, found out that T.U.K. makes kids shoes, and it was all downhill from there. I managed to only get 2 pairs of shoes, but still spent $50 something after shipping. I mean, come on, what kind of punk rock toddler doesn't need combat boots and leopard print creepers? They're totally justifiable.
Jude will be curb-stomping in these bad boys.

Online shopping is a truly marvelous thing. I can do it in 3 minutes, in class, at home, wherever, whenever.

3 comments:

  1. I looove online shopping. It's ridiculous. I've been working for a while, but started shopping online at Christmas and I.Can't.Stop.

    :)

    Where are you working now? You probably mentioned it, but I forgot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE online shopping and hate the mall. lol

    I'm working at a new restaurant called Tony Sacco's. I'm a waitress, so I usually make some pretty good tips, but my paychecks aren't all that good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to waitress! So much fun :) And tips definitely make up for crummy pay checks!

    ReplyDelete