Wednesday, April 7, 2010

8 months, Easter, and such.



Jude is 8 months (2/3 of a year!) Friday and since we're going up north tomorrow morning I figured I'd do this tonight. It's so weird thinking it has already been this long, bittersweet if you will.
Milestones:
+ His solid food intake has decreased. A lot. Meaning I just restarted offering them on a regular basis. He had a cold a few weeks ago and lost all interest in them so I stopped offering them altogether. Not too big of a deal, really.
+ He can clap! He finally figured it out yesterday.
+ He likes to scooch around sitting up.
+ He's closer & closer to crawling everyday. There have been a few moments of positive forward motion.
+ He was teething, and there was a tooth that looked like it was going to pop through, then it disappeared. Weird... I meant to google that.
+ He still doesn't like to be put down to sleep & I still have to nurse him to sleep. Sleeping through the night is not something I've seen since about July and don't foresee seeing anytime soon.
+ Says mama.
+ Knows a few objects/people by name and will look at them when asked where they are.
+ Starting to grab onto things and stand.
+ Waves hello when you call his name or someone walks into the room & bye-bye when you say bye-bye.
+ The pincer grasp is starting.
+ He's beginning to realize books are for reading, not eating.
+ Grabs at my shirt to indicate he wants to nurse.
+ He looks for hidden things, it's really cute when I hid something behind something else because he'll try to crane his neck to look around the thing.

We're going up north for a long weekend. I decided to use disposables for the weekend so I don't have to drag a big, stinky bag of diapers home or try to wash them in the machine up there & figure out how to wash them in hard water. Jude's butt is so tiny in sposies, it's odd.
Easter was good. Jude & I woke up like normal then he discovered his basket and investigated it and took everything out and chewed on it. In the afternoon we went to my aunt's house for dinner with the family. My sister, Jude, & I wore sweet sweater vests.
Jude & I were home alone for 4 days while my sister & parents were in NYC because Sydney's high school band played at Carnegie Hall on Friday, Easter was when they came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment