Sunday, May 2, 2010

Green Street Fair

His shirt says "Be green save our planet" in sequins on organic cotton, I thought it was fitting.

This weekend was the Green Street Fair in Downtown Plymouth. It sounded fun and interesting so Jude & I checked it out on Saturday. There was live music, tons of booths selling eco-friendly/crafty wares, vegan foods, recycling info, organic clothing, activities for children, and organic elephant ears. I wanted to try the organic elephant ears, but didn't get the chance to.
I strapped him to me and we walked around looking at all the booths. People tried to sell me home cleaning products, soap, cloth diapers, and cloth pads & menstrual cups. Surprisingly, a lot of the local green stores/companies I knew of before and shop from weren't there (like Green Baby Bargains and the Little Seedling). Another surprising thing was that there was only one tent of green menstrual care products and two cloth diapering tents. I expected more baby products, and more crafty tents I think. I got a lot of comments and questions about my baby wrap, which was cool. I saw a lot of baby's in Ergo carriers.
My neighbors run a green dryer company, I don't know exactly what it is that they do, but it has to do with dryer vents so I ran into them there at their booth and chatted with them a while. I also ran into 2 friends from high school.
Jude fell asleep the latter half of us being there and once I exhausted all the booth possibilities we sat in the park in front of the music stage and listened to some music. Jude woke up right before the band American Mars came on so I let him sit in the grass while we waited for my dad to pick me up. We listened, and Jude danced. Everyone who walked past thought he was absolutely adorable.


I couldn't resist, I went back today after getting cash from my dad to get my mum a mother's day gift. I also ended up getting myself a bar of body/face soap & a bar of shampoo from the Mirror Lake Organics booth because they had some bars that were half off from getting rained on (the soap's fine, just the labels are a little messed up) plus it smells delicious and the guy selling it was kinda cute, not going to lie. ;D But, really, who can say no to a delicious smelling bar of homemade, organic soap for $3?

No comments:

Post a Comment